New Paltz is off Exit 18 of the New York Thruway. It is 75 miles north of New York City and 65 miles south of Albany. From Exit 18, follow Route 299 (Main Street) west to Route 32 (South Mannheim Rd.). Tum south on Route 32 and follow signs to campus.
Flights may be scheduled to:
- La Guardia(LGA) 90 miles - rent car or take bus to Port Authority, then see Bus below
- Kennedy(JFK) 98 miles - rent car or take bus to Port Authority, then see Bus below
- Newark(EWR) 88 miles - rent car or take bus to Port Authority, then see Bus below
- Albany(ALB) 78 miles - rent car, or Adirondack Trailways
- Stewart(SWF) (Newburgh) 21 miles - rent car or taxi/Lyft/Uber (Non-stop service from Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, Orlando-Sanford, Punta Gorda, Savannah, Tampa, St. Pete-Clearwater, Atlanta and Raleigh-Durham)
Take the Amtrak or Metro North Train from Grand Central to Poughkeepsie and then a bus from Poughkeepsie to New Paltz. Amtrak is faster, less frequent, costly than Metro North.
From the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City, take the Adirondack Trailways bus to New Paltz. One-way fare is $21.75. Advance ticketing is not necessary. Bus stop is at Trailways office, Route 299 in New Paltz. Take taxi or walk, 0.2 mile east on Route 299 (Main Street). Turn south on Route 32 (South Mannheim Rd.) 0.5 mile. Follow signs to registration.